Tuesday 4 June 2019

A walk you would like to do again

Write about a walk you did that you would like to do again.
My family is a family of keen walkers. When I was a child, my parents would often take us out for walks at the weekend. One of my favourite walks was up a Welsh hill called Moel Famau. Normally we would start from home in Mynydd Isa and walk about 5 kilometers through Mold to Loggerheads. Depending on the weather or how much time we had, we would then decide whether to do a walk up to the summit of the hill or to do a full trail. The walk up the hill is about 6km and the full trail is about 17km.
My favourite was doing the full trail because part of it was though a country park called Cat walk because it was a very narrow path that was quite high (especially for a young child!). Also, this part of the walk was through woods and along a river, the other part was pine forest and bare grassland at the top of the hill. I must have walked up that hill at least 50 times in my life. One of my aunties lived in a farmhouse at the foot of the hill and I often stayed with her in my summer holidays from school. She had a son who was a year older than me. However, when I was about 10 years old he had a car accident and lost one of his legs and so, unfortunately for him, his walking days were over. I think the last time I climbed Moel Famau was in the 1980’s but I’d love to do this walk again as it would bring back all my childhood memories. There’s a website with information about the country park here:
It even has a Facebook page!
Obviously, these didn’t exist when I was younger but at least you can get an idea of what it’s like.

Write about a walk you would like to do again
Say:
Where it is,
When you did this walk before
Why you enjoyed it,
Why you would like to do it again.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.


4 comments:

  1. I would like to go for a walk to that place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you go again to remind the old times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not enter the link, I get an error. Anyway I looked for images of the place and it seems beautiful, I loved the colors that represent the roads

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound amazing! i hope one day you can return to do a next walk ther.

    ReplyDelete