Tuesday 25 June 2019

A Book

Hi Blogheads:

Today is a free post so I thought I'd like to write about my favourite British authors.
I started reading at quite a young age. I was also a very fast reader and if I liked a book I had a tendency to search for and read books by the same author.
As a child, I read everything by Enid Blyton, C.S.Lewis (the Narnia books), Arthur Ransome. As I got older I read everything Tolkien and Orwell. I then got into Science Fiction and read hundreds of Sci-Fi books. Authors I read included Micheal Moorcock, Robert Heinlein and Frank Herbert. Later I got into more existentialist stuff like Sartre and Camus plus authors like Kafka & Dostoyevsky. I later discovered Mervyn Peake who wrote the Gormenghast trilogy and which is possibly my favourite read of all time. 
Since arriving in Chile I've read many books in Castellano. I read many things by Garcia Marquez plus Bolano, Sabato y others. More recently I have been reading British author David Mitchell - who is wonderful - and Haruki Murakami. The last novel that really blew me away was The Book of Strange New Things by Dutch writer Michel Faber. It's sort of something "spiritual" in a Science Fiction setting - but it isn't really Sci-fi. Here's a link to the wiki page: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_Of_Strange_New_Things



I read this year I have read a really good book about the stomach called The Gut and the first half of a book by Murakami but I haven't had too much time to read many novels. 

Write a 200-word post on a book or genre of fiction you like.
Say:
What the book or genre is,
Why you like it,
When you read it for the first time.
Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog & on the blogs of 3 classmates.

3 comments:

  1. i have a fascination with the fiction literature , i will investigate about michel faber

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like science fiction you should read Isaac Asimov!. It will like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great author is a ray bradbury, dune is a very great saga

    ReplyDelete