Tuesday 11 June 2019

A Friend

Good Morning Bloggers!

Today I'm going to talk about a friend. The person I'm going to tell you about is Martin. I first met him in 1978 when he auditioned as a drummer for the band I played in. I was 18 or 19 and he was 16. We got on well from the start. I like Martin because he has a good sense of humour and is generally a very easy going person. I guess the main things we did together apart from playing music was to go for a drink or watch movies together. We also went to a lot of concerts together like The Clash and David Bowie. We played in the same band for about 5 or 6 years then Martin went to study art in Hull, a city in the North of England, and I moved to London. We kept in touch and Martin used to come and stay with me whenever he was down south. When he finished university he moved to London and we lived in the same place for about 6 months. A few years later we lost touch. I was living in Spain and Martin moved to the USA. We had no contact for about 10 years but I finally managed to track Martin down on the internet. Nowadays Martin lives in New York working as an illustrator and doing restoration of old artworks. About 10 ago, I went to stay with Martin for a week. It was my first time in New York and it was great to have someone who lived there show me all the sights. We spent lots of time walking and talking and it was really nice to catch up after all this time.
Here's a photo of when we were younger:)
 Write about a good friend.
Say:
Who they are,
How long you've known them
Why you like them,
What things you do together.
Mention anything else you think is important.
Write at least 200 words.
Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

5 comments:

  1. What a great friendship! and I must admit that I envy you because you went to see The Clash and Bowie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is really amazing to have friend that like the same thing an have the oportunity to create memories between them, like the David Bowie concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems an incredible friendship. in all the ways it does not stop giving me the nostalgia, do you know about it in the last months? Something similar happens to me with my best friend, he went to live in Valdivia and we make video calls...

    ReplyDelete