Tuesday 14 May 2019

A Photograph

Hi FAU Bloggers;

Today I'd like you to write about a photograph that you like. The photo I've chosen must have been taken in about 1971 or 1972, or possibly a bit later. I think it's one of the few family photos that includes all eleven of us (my parents plus 8 siblings). It was taken in our living room. The photographer was in front of the window, most probably because of the light. However, I don't know exactly what he was doing that stopped half of us from looking at the camera. My mum, sister Clare (top row, left-hand side),  brother's Adrian (with a crazy grin) and baby brother Gerald (sitting on the floor) are looking at the camera. The rest of us are looking to the right of the cameraman except little sister Lizzie (Elizabeth) who is obviously in a world of her own (and still is!!!). She is staring off into the distance.
I love this photo because it's exactly how I like to remember my brothers and sisters. I love the (now retro) fashion. My two eldest sisters (Terry & Clare) have a definite hippy look while Moria (sitting in the middle) has a "Skinhead" influenced look. I also like how brothers Adrian & Colin are wearing the same shirt, and the twins (Francis & Elizabeth) are wearing smocks made by my mother. I don't think it's a very good photo of me but I love having such a great family and that's what I remember when I see this photo.
At the moment, I don't have a copy of the original, this is a photo of the photo:)


Write about a family photo you like.
Say:
When it was taken.
Where it was taken,
Who appears in the photo,
Why you like the photo,
What you remember about your life in the time the photo was taken.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

5 comments:

  1. is a great photo,is a big family a beautiful because all saw very happy, and the fashion is interisting,

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lot of sister and brothers, I think is a really nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is a wonderful photo and every looks so happy. is so nice when you remember the exactly moment was taken the pohoto, it´s like living the moment again .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww it's so adorable that you can remember that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never expected to see a little Simon Higginson haha. What a wondeful photo, is like a photos of the films.

    ReplyDelete