Tuesday 30 April 2019

A Job

Good afternoon Blogheads!
Today I'd like you to write about a job you'd like to do. Actually, I'd done a lot of jobs in my time. When I was a young boy I did several part time jobs. I did a paper round, then I worked in a Butcher's shop cleaning dirty refrigerators and finally I worked in a Clothes' Shop selling jeans. My first full-time job was as a Laboratory Assistant and 3-months later I was promoted to Laboratory Technician (Wow!!). Since then I've worked running a rehearsal studio, as a photographer, a photographer's assistant, a DJ, a lorry driver's assistant, a waiter, a musician, a warehouse technician, a barman, a Language Learning Centre assistant, a Course Director, a summer school teacher, a High School teacher, an examiner and no doubt some other things that I can't remember at the moment. However, I think the job I would like to do most is to be a free-lance music producer. I love to work with music and creating new things in the studio would be a great way to spend my time, especially if I was getting paid for it. I think the main quality you need for this job is to have a good ear for music. However, you also need to hear what isn't there, as well as being able to imagine how a song or piece of music would sound with different arrangements.
There are many producers that I admire, Norman Whitfield, Curtis Mayfield, Brian Eno and David Bowie are just a few I could mention. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to work in a professional studio with me being in charge although I have recorded independently in smaller studios (or using non-professional equipment). Currently I'm learning to use a music software called Ableton Live so maybe I'll get the chance to produce something after all!!!

Write about a job you would like to do.
Say:
What job it is,
Why you like this job,
What qualities you need to do this job well,
Why you think you would be good at this job,
Which person who does this job is your inspiration.

Write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can produce something soon. I want to hear it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are waiting to hear some of your work :)

    ReplyDelete