Monday 22 April 2019

A TV programme you watched as a child

Hi there Bloggers!

Today I'd like to tell you about a TV programme I watched as a child. The show I'm going to write about is called Dr Who. I started watching it as a child from about age 8 years old. It is about a person who travels through time and who has different adventures in different parts of the universe or at different points in Earth's history. The Dr (or The Doctor) travels in a spaceship that has the appearance of an old Police phone box. It's called the Tardis and although it looks small it's actually bigger on the inside. When I was a child the show used to be broadcast on Saturday at 6pm. The Dr fought against many enemies, the most notorious being the Darleks (pictured below). I remember that I used to spend half of the show hiding behind the sofa because I found it so scary. The series ran from 1963 until 1989. It was revived again in 2005 and there have been 11 new series since that date. The show had lots of followers and it had a very recognisable theme tune. Many artists have recorded versions of the theme tune. A song called "Doctorin the Tardis" by The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu which featured a sample of the tune reached NÂș1 in the British singles chart in 1988. As well as being a great series, the show is a big part of British culture.















Write about a TV programme you enjoyed watching when you were a child:
Say:
What it was called,
What it was about,
When it was on,
Why you enjoyed it.
Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

4 comments:

  1. A great series. What is your favorite dr. Who? The first or secod or...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very crazy program! hahahaha it would be interesting to see some episode in a session...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watch that program, but sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete